Please refer to the notice form for a complete description of the Privacy Practices summarized below.
Whenever an Aljan Company employee treats you, health information is created. Health information may be written (e.g. a medical record), spoken (practitioners discussing treatment options), photographs, or electronic (bills saved on computer).
THE LAW PERMITS ALJAN COMPANY EMPLOYEES TO USE OR DISCLOSE HEALTH INFORMATION FOR THESE ROUTINE ACTIVITIES:
- For Treatment
- For Payment
- For Health Care Operations
- For Appointment Reminders/Communications
Other Examples of Permitted Uses and Disclosures of Health Information
- Uses and disclosures permitted or required by law
Your Patient Privacy Rights
You have the right to:
- Request how we contact you
- Inspect and receive a copy of your medical and billing records
- Request corrections to your medical and billing records
- Receive a list of certain disclosures (i.e. treatment, payment, and health care operations)
- Receive a paper copy of the Aljan Company Notice of Privacy Practices (you can get a current Notice form at the registration desk)
- Request restrictions on uses and disclosures of your health information (we may not be able to grant request beyond what the law requires)
Please click here to read the Aljan Co. privacy practices.